Parent Category: News
Published: 31 March 2011
Last Updated: 14 March 2013
Created: 31 March 2011
CUBBO'S CORNER: MEN'S NEWS - #1 2020
ST GEORGES BASIN DRAGONS FOOTBALL CLUB – WELCOME TO SEASON 2020
Hi All and welcome to Season 2020 – it only seems like such a short time ago we were cheering on our Senior Teams in the finals series and now we are ready for the challenges of a new season!!
I will use this short correspondence to update you on what is currently happening within the Club:
- Pre-season social kick around has finished and we have commenced full training on both Tuesday and Thursday nights starting at 6.30pm to around 8pm.
- Some quality new players have shown up and are keen on playing for Basin this year – while I have seen quite a few of the familiar faces at various sessions.
- A text message has been sent to all players who have not attended any sessions as yet, asking that they confirm their playing intentions for this year as we need to get an idea of player numbers. Team nominations need to be given to the Association by the end of February.
- Any new players are welcome to contact the Club or to turn up on a Training night.
- The Competition officially starts on March 28th.
- Our first trial match for mainly second grade will be against Bomaderry at Ison Park on Saturday 29th February – 12 noon kickoff. This will be a great opportunity to play any new players to the Club in a combined 1st/2nd Grade team.
- The Henk Ruyg Cup is on Sunday March 1st (the following day) – times etc to be advised.
- Please advise your availability for either or both days as soon as possible – noting that you must be registered to play
- Wollongong Uni Wolves are keen on coming down here this year on March 7th – just awaiting confirmation.
- Warradale Football Club are locked in for Saturday 14th March and will be fielding a 3rd Grade/O’35s team and a Ladies All Age side here at Basin.
- We are waiting to hear back from the Hilltop Club and are currently pursuing more opposition for Trials.
- This season, Craig Holden will once again be 1st Grade Coach and Dan MacQueen is stepping up to 2nd Grade. We have lost Martin Warner for this season, so we are now looking for a Coach for 3rd Grade. Please let me know if you are interested in the position or if you know anyone who is and we will have a discussion.
- Keith Graham moved on to Sydney last season, so we would be interested in knowing if anyone has the qualifications / experience in the world of fitness to assist the Coaching Staff – especially with the pre- season fitness work.
- Drainage works have been completed on Field #1 and it is coming along really well. Dan and Virginia have put in countless hours with the aim of making Basin the best football field in the competition.
As per previous seasons, we will require assistance with coaching, managing teams, helping with the BBQ & canteen on match days etc.
All volunteers will be made welcome and be greatly appreciated as we continue our march to make this the best family orientated club in the Shoalhaven and to win those elusive Premierships.
12th February 2020